My Arguable Claim
So today in class, we discussed the four sources of arguable claims. Only one of the four will we choose to base our paper on. Those four sources are: Issues of Definition, Issues of Causation, Issues of Evaluation, and Issues of Recommendation
The source that matches my theme(racism) would be issues of definition. This means that my argument will hinge on how to define an object, events, or people.
In my argument, I must provide legit evidence that will make the reader look at my argument in my point of view. So for example, I would include a direct quote from a legit website like counterpnch.org
Another aspect of this paper that will make it flow, and also support your evidence, is the emotion you include. For instance, I would incorporate logos by informing the reader on my beliefs. I believe that your race shouldn't be criticized from the way you dress. I could bring authority in, and my ethos would be not to stereotype people just because of their color. The hook that will have the reader wondering, is the pathos. I could easily say all native Americans are leaving Hollister, NC for example.
No comments:
Post a Comment