Thursday, July 18, 2013

Argumentive Essay

Racism


 

 

If you are light skinned, no matter what your ethnicity is, you are WHITE!


Has anybody ever asked you what your race is? Because they couldn't tell what you could be...

Today in class, we discussed the different argumentative topics, and what an argumentative essay is all about. I'm talking HOT topics, like believing in god, people with no father amounting to nothing, people with poor motherhood growing up to be a disgrace, and such.

It reminds me of debating!

When you debate, you try to prove someone otherwise of their beliefs.  The point is not to win your case, but to prove your point with evidence. Since we have to choose a theme from the novel "Sula", that will also serve as a resource to write our essay;  I  would go with racism.

 
 Being that I am Native American, and being tanned, with a a hip hop looking style; this makes people clueless about my race. They look at my hair, they look at my clothes, they look at my skin. Since I have Native American hair, and I am light skinned, people consider me white.

When writing my essay, I know that I will make everyone believe that this is what people really do. This is how they really look at my kind of people. I could definitely research way back in the day, and speak of the types of racism in our world back then, and the kind that still lives today. 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment