Wednesday, July 3, 2013

1920 Introducing Helene

So from the beginning of 1920, I honestly can't really understand what the author is talking about. Although I can say that Helene dealt with marriage without her man being around all the time. Helene seemed real independent to me though, she dealt with a nine year marriage before she had a child. She looked at her daughter, Nel for more comfort and happiness in her life. Nel also gets introduced to her grandmother who is evidently someone she never expected her to be. It actually shocked me that her grandmother made a living by being a prostitute. She also looked entirely too young to be a grandmother to Nel, which if I could see how she actually looks I would probably think the same thing. Just to imagine someone having a grandmother that is a true prostitute is so sad. I couldn't imagine having to always remember someone so loved and dear to me, is a whore. Since Nel is young right now, I believe she will be so curious about the things her grandmother does, lets just hope that Nel doesn't fall into her footsteps.

No comments:

Post a Comment