Tuesday, July 2, 2013

1919 Cow Bells Ringing

In the first chapter of Sula, I learned that Shadrack was an African American solider. Who actually took part in World War II. Shadrack was obviously traumatized from some grusome events that he witnessed during the war. Yet, the most puzzling thing to me about the story is  that nobody knows if Shadrack has hands at all! I feel like why the hell does this man hide his own hands behind his back for so long, knowing that there is something wrong with them! It would make sense to me to see whats going on with yourself, so that you could possibly resolve the issue! I couldn't imagine going through anything like he has though, this man is a solider and he is lucky to be alive after the war he has fought in. But National Suicide Day? See that is exactly how you know the military will brain wash you! They make people go crazy and obviously, we see that Shardrack is clear evidence. I think that this national holiday is indeed, unique in its own way. At the same time, why would our government even allow this to be legalized? Maybe things back in the day were less thought of. The world may never know!

No comments:

Post a Comment